Will I need to buy textbooks during my child care course?
In addition to the child care course fees, you will also be required to purchase a textbook (valued at $100.00). This text book can be purchased directly from Suzan Johnston Australia upon your commencement in your Certificate III in Childcare studies. You will also be required to pay an additional fee for first-aid training (approximately $110.00). Please see course enrolment form for more details.
Will I need to arrange my own Practical Placement during my child care certificate?
Practical Placement is an important and mandatory component of all child care courses. Accordingly, we will assist you in finding and co-ordinating your practical placement. Over the past 25 years Suzan Johnston Australia has forged strong relationships within the children’s services industry and we have a network of child care centres who regularly (and very happily) host our students’ practical placements.
Does the certificate in child care course include exams?
Our child care courses do not include any scary or stressful exams. Assessments generally involve completing a range of relevant and interesting exercises/activities. You will also be observed and assessed performing your duties within the workplace (during your practical placement).
Why don’t you offer nanny training courses or child care courses online and/or via distance?
Suzan Johnston is committed to producing child care educators that are highly trained, confident professionals, who are capable of providing the best possible standard of care for children.
It is our belief that the best learning outcomes for all Certificate III in Early Childhood Education learners can only be achieved when training/assessment is conducted within a supportive face-to-face classroom environment.
At Suzan Johnston, we have chosen not to deliver child care courses online, ensuring that all child care courses are delivered face-to-face within a relaxed, supportive and highly practical learning environment. Our small class sizes ensure that our trainers can work closely with each student, offering personalised help, support and encouragement.
What is the career pathway for students who graduate with a child care certification?
It is anticipated that the child care industry will continue to experience enormous and unprecedented growth and expansion (with approximately 450 new child care centres opening within Victoria in the 2018/2019 period). Accordingly, industry demand for quality educators (who hold a Certificate III in childcare qualification) will continue to exceed supply.
Our Certificate III in Early Childhood Education has been designed to equip learners with the necessary skills, qualifications and confidence to gain employment in a wide variety of positions including:
- Educator in a child care centre, kindergarten or pre-school
- Professional nanny within Australia or overseas
- Family day care worker
- Before and after school care assistant
- Play group supervisor
- Agency relief staff/mobile assistant
- Recreation assistant
Do I need to complete a child care course to become a nanny?
In the past becoming a nanny was pretty easy, with most families only expecting potential nannies to have previous babysitting experience and no formal child care and/or nanny qualifications.
Today, society’s perception of nannies has changed enormously with Australian nannies being respected and valued as industry professionals, who offer families legitimate and professional child care alternatives.
Suzan Johnston has been offering child care and nanny courses for more than 25 years. Our child care qualifications are highly respected within the nanny industry, and our graduates are actively sought after by families and nanny recruitment agencies worldwide.
The Turnbull government has recently announced that from July 2018 all nannies providing services for the new home based care programme must hold or be working towards a Certificate III in Early Childhood (minimum) qualification. As a result, most parents and employment agencies will now insist that their nannies hold this important child care/nanny qualification. Accordingly, we encourage all those who intend on becoming a nanny to undertake the Certificate III in Childcare in preparation for this new national requirement.
Once I have enrolled in the Cert III in Early Childhood Education, what kind of training delivery can I expect? How much homework is involved?
The delivery mode for our nationally recognised child care courses is face-to-face within a classroom environment. Your attendance of scheduled classes is important as every lesson is packed full with important information, dynamic discussions, hands-on practical exercises, role-plays, games and activities. In addition to the scheduled training sessions, this childcare course requires you to spend between 4 – 8 hours per week on assigned homework tasks.
Am I eligible to enrol in a government funded child care course?
Our CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is approved for government subsidised training, so you may only have to pay a small portion of the course fee (whilst the government subsidises the rest).
Working out if you are eligible to access this subsidised child care course can be a little confusing, so let one of our friendly consultants clarify this with you over the phone – it will only take a minute!
Are there any Entry Requirements for the Certificate III in Early Childhood?
Prior to your enrolment in our child care course you will be required to attend a pre-training interview and complete a language, literacy and numeracy assessment. These entry requirements are designed to assist us in determining your suitability for the course and to assist with the planning of any learning support requirements.
What study pathways are available to me after I finish the CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care?
Should you decide to further your studies after completing the Certificate III in Early Childhood, you may transition to a higher-level child care qualification with credits into the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
How do I enrol in the CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care?
To enrol in our child care course:
Step 1: Contact us to arrange an appointment/interview time
Step 2: Attend your interview session at our training centre. This interview will be extremely relaxed and informal. You will be given the opportunity to learn more about our child care courses, ask lots of questions, tour our training centre and to observe our child care classes ‘in action’.
Step 3: During the interview, should you decide to proceed with your enrolment you will have the opportunity to:
- sit a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
- check your eligibility for Government Funded training
- complete your enrolment documentation with our assistance
- have your eligibility and your enrolment in our Certificate III in Early Childhood course confirmed on the spot
Why is the Suzan Johnston child care certificate different to any another RTO or TAFE course?
- Suzan Johnston Australia is one of Melbourne’s most trusted and respected training institutions (established since 1959) and have been delivering the accredited child care course in Melbourne since 1994
- Our child care trainers are exceptional and inspirational professionals, who deliver every training session with passion and dedication
- Our classes are conducted in a uniquely caring, friendly and personalised learning environment
- Our students individual training needs are respected and valued
- Suzan Johnston Australia has the reputation of delivering nanny training and childcare courses that are of the highest quality
- Graduates from our exclusive children’s services course are multi-skilled and have a wide range of employment opportunities
- Our certificate 3 childcare graduates are known to be quality professionals who are respected within the industry and actively sought after by employers Australia wide
- The Suzan Johnston Training Organization is committed to producing childcare educators who are truly dedicated and capable of providing the best possible standard of care for children
- Suzan Johnston firmly believes that the best learning outcomes (and quality graduates) can only be achieved through face-to-face delivery (not via online training). Therefore all our childcare training is delivered within a supportive and highly dynamic classroom environment.
- Approximately 85 – 100% of our Cert III childcare graduates are successful in finding employment within 3 – 4 weeks of course completion!
We invite you to drop in and experience our unique learning environment for yourself…