Will I need to buy textbooks during my child care course?
In addition to the child care course fees, you will also be required to purchase a textbook (valued at $100.00). This text book can be purchased directly from Suzan Johnston Australia upon your commencement in your Certificate III in Childcare studies. You will also be required to pay an additional fee for first-aid training (approximately $110.00). Please see course enrolment form for more details.
Will I need to arrange my own Practical Placement during my child care certificate?
Practical Placement is an important and mandatory component of all child care courses. Accordingly, we will assist you in finding and co-ordinating your practical placement. Over the past 24 years Suzan Johnston Australia has forged strong relationships within the children’s services industry and we have a network of child care centres who regularly (and very happily) host our students’ practical placements.
Does the certificate in child care course include exams?
Our child care courses do not include any scary or stressful exams. Assessments generally involve completing a range of relevant and interesting exercises/activities. You will also be observed and assessed performing your duties within the workplace (during your practical placement).
Why don’t you offer nanny training courses or child care courses online and/or via distance?
Suzan Johnston is committed to producing child care educators that are highly trained, confident professionals, who are capable of providing the best possible standard of care for children.
It is our belief that the best learning outcomes for all Certificate III in Early Childhood Education learners can only be achieved when training/assessment is conducted within a supportive face-to-face classroom environment.
At Suzan Johnston, we have chosen not to deliver child care courses online, ensuring that all child care courses are delivered face-to-face within a relaxed, supportive and highly practical learning environment. Our small class sizes ensure that our trainers can work closely with each student, offering personalised help, support and encouragement.
What is the career pathway for students who graduate with a child care certification?
It is anticipated that the child care industry will continue to experience enormous and unprecedented growth and expansion (with approximately 450 new child care centres opening within Victoria in the 2018/2019 period). Accordingly, industry demand for quality educators (who hold a Certificate III in childcare qualification) will continue to exceed supply.
Our Certificate III in Early Childhood Education has been designed to equip learners with the necessary skills, qualifications and confidence to gain employment in a wide variety of positions including:
- Educator in a child care centre, kindergarten or pre-school
- Professional nanny within Australia or overseas
- Family day care worker
- Before and after school care assistant
- Play group supervisor
- Agency relief staff/mobile assistant
- Recreation assistant
Do I need to complete a child care course to become a nanny?
In the past becoming a nanny was pretty easy, with most families only expecting potential nannies to have previous babysitting experience and no formal child care and/or nanny qualifications.
Today, society’s perception of nannies has changed enormously with Australian nannies being respected and valued as industry professionals, who offer families legitimate and professional child care alternatives.
Suzan Johnston has been offering child care and nanny courses for more than 24 years. Our child care qualifications are highly respected within the nanny industry, and our graduates are actively sought after by families and nanny recruitment agencies worldwide.
The Turnbull government has recently announced that from July 2018 all nannies providing services for the new home based care programme must hold or be working towards a Certificate III in Early Childhood (minimum) qualification. As a result, most parents and employment agencies will now insist that their nannies hold this important child care/nanny qualification. Accordingly, we encourage all those who intend on becoming a nanny to undertake the Certificate III in Childcare in preparation for this new national requirement.
Why is the Suzan Johnston child care certificate different to any another RTO or TAFE course?
- Suzan Johnston Australia is one of Melbourne’s most trusted and respected training institutions (established since 1959) and have been delivering the accredited child care course in Melbourne since 1994
- Our child care trainers are exceptional and inspirational professionals, who deliver every training session with passion and dedication
- Our classes are conducted in a uniquely caring, friendly and personalised learning environment
- Our students individual training needs are respected and valued
- Suzan Johnston Australia has the reputation of delivering nanny training and childcare courses that are of the highest quality
- Graduates from our exclusive children’s services course are multi-skilled and have a wide range of employment opportunities
- Our certificate 3 childcare graduates are known to be quality professionals who are respected within the industry and actively sought after by employers Australia wide
- The Suzan Johnston Training Organization is committed to producing childcare educators who are truly dedicated and capable of providing the best possible standard of care for children
- Suzan Johnston firmly believes that the best learning outcomes (and quality graduates) can only be achieved through face-to-face delivery (not via online training). Therefore all our childcare training is delivered within a supportive and highly dynamic classroom environment.
- Approximately 85 – 100% of our Cert III childcare graduates are successful in finding employment within 3 – 4 weeks of course completion!