Am I eligible for Skills First Government Funded Training?
Government Subsidised Training is available to all Australian/New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents who meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Aged between 15 – 19 years on 1 January in the year of course commencement OR ANYONE (regardless of age) gaining a higher qualification than they already hold
- Participating in and/or have enrolled to commence in LESS than two other government funded training courses in the year of course commencement (this includes courses listed in the Approved Foundation Skills List)
- Have not already commenced two government funded courses at the same Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level as the course they are seeking to enrol in now
- Have a physical presence in Victoria
- Participating in a Skills First approved course (our BSB30120 Certificate III in Business is approved for Government Funding!)
Why should I complete an administration course with Suzan Johnston?
For more than 40 years, Suzan Johnston has been delivering business administration courses in Australia, helping to open the doors to employment and long-term career success for countless of our course participants.
Our nationally accredited administration courses are carefully designed to deliver a well-rounded balance of theory and practical curriculum. Experienced trainers will guide students through the program in a simulated work environment, training them to plan and coordinate work tasks using time management skills as they work under real time constraints.
Why should I do the Suzan Johnston Business Administration rather than Medical Receptionist Courses or Legal Secretarial Courses?
The structure and content of our Business Administration Courses ensure that our graduates are all multi-skilled and extremely versatile with their employment opportunities. In fact, you will find that the various business administration courses currently on offer at other registered training organisations, including those specialising in medical and legal fields, share many of the same core and elective units.
Although our administration course graduates can certainly find employment in legal or medical secretarial roles, they are not limited to just working within the one type of industry. Graduates from this intensive course will have the necessary skills to get their foot in the door and secure employment in a wide range of industries including:
- Travel and Hospitality
- Real Estate
- Fashion and Beauty
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Architecture and Interior Design
Do I have to find my own Practical Placement/Work Experience?
During our BSB30120 Certificate III in Business course you will undertake 10 days of industry placement.
Over the past 63 years, Suzan Johnston Australia has forged strong relationships within the corporate world and has a bank of employers who regularly host students of our business administration courses during practical placement. Our current hosts include employers from a wide variety of industries including legal, real estate, medical, accountancy, educational, architectural, employment agencies and interior design firms. Your trainer will arrange your practical placement with a suitable host, taking into consideration your preference for industry, job role and geographic location.
Other than the training sessions, how much homework will I be expected to do?
With our BSB30120 Certificate III in Business, your attendance of scheduled classes is important as every lesson is packed full with important information, dynamic discussions, hands-on practical exercises, role-plays, games and activities. During the business administration course the majority of your learning will be done within the virtual classroom however, some additional learning activities and also your final assessment tasks will need to be completed as homework. We expect our students to dedicate approximately 2 – 6 hours per week as homework time.
I don’t cope very well with stressful exams – Help!
Well, you’re in luck! Our BSB30120 Certificate III in Business course does not include any stressful written tests or exams. The entire course is highly task orientated and all assessments are designed as practical exercises in the form of written Q&A’s, role plays and short presentation. Your trainer will assist and provide you with learning support you whilst you complete these tasks.
I noticed this subject called Job Interviews Workshop that is a part of your business administration course? Tell me more about that…
All our business administration course students have the opportunity to participate in Suzan Johnston’s signature personal development lessons that are specifically designed to enhance confidence, communication skills and job-readiness. During the Job Interviews Workshops, you will receive personalised advice and direction with résumé preparation, interview techniques, deportment/body-language and the refinement of your corporate image.
Will I need to buy textbooks?
During your BSB30120 Certificate III in Business course, you will need to purchase a few text books (totalling $275.00). These items are available from Suzan Johnston Australia and can be purchased upon course commencement ore as your progress through the course. Please contact us for more details.
Are there any Entry Requirements for the Business Course?
Prior to your enrolment in our BSB30120 Certificate III in Business you will be required to attend a pre-training interview (on the phone or face-to-face) and complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment.
These entry requirements are designed to assist us in determining your suitability for the course and to assist with the planning of any learning support requirements.
How do I enrol in the BSB30120 Certificate III in Business?
If you would like to proceed with your enrolment in our business administration course; please contact us so the relevant Online Enrolment Package can be forwarded to you.
Is there a term break or are there any holiday periods?
Yes, you can expect one week off during each term break and 3 weeks off during the Christmas period.
You will receive a full schedule of all your business administration classes during your orientation session.
Why should I complete a training course at Suzan Johnston Australia?
- Suzan Johnston Australia is one of the most trusted and respected names in vocational training and education
- Suzan Johnston Australia is an iconic training institution (established for 63 years)
- Our classes uniquely friendly, interactive and personalised learning environment.
- Our students are respected and valued
- Our business and administration training team have also been chosen for their exceptional communication skills, patience and outstanding teaching abilities
- The structure and course material of our business courses ensures that our graduates are multi-skilled and have a wide range of employment opportunities
- We pride ourselves in the employment success of our Business Administration graduates.
- In 2021 80% of our business course graduates were successfully employed within administration roles.